It’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for…the winner of the Great Life Cookbook Giveaway!
Drum roll, please: I’d like to congratulate kabira501, whose survey comment was actually left on my Trader Joe’s post. Kabira501, be on the lookout for an email from me!
How old are you?
Are you male or female?
Do you have kids at home?
What diet style do you follow, if any?
Why do follow your chosen diet style?
- 50% eat little or no added salt
- 70% eat little or no added sugar
- 80% eat little or no added oil
You’re in good company here on Veggie Quest, because all the recipes I post (as of March 2013) are low in (or free from) added salt, oil, and sugar. (In addition to being whole-food, plant-based, of course!)
What kinds of posts do you most want to read?
- Saving time and money on a whole-food, plant-based diet
- Eating whole-food, plant-based on the go
- Weight loss/weight maintenance tips
- “News bites” – Breaking research supporting a plant-based diet
- Tips for improving other health conditions through diet
- Tips for improving breast health through diet
Recipes: You’re most interested in vegetable recipes, with quick-and-easy recipes a close second. So far so good; every recipe on Veggie Quest contains veggies. 🙂
What part of eating healthy is hardest for you? I don’t want to call any one answer out, but here are the issues that seemed to get a lot of you:
- Cravings for “addictive” foods like baked goods/bread, chocolate, and junk food
- Emotional eating
- Finding the time to prep vegetables in advance and cook meals (especially during the week)
- Dining out
All I can say is, I hear you! I struggle with all of these myself, and will be sure to address every item on this list in future posts.
So again, a big thank you to each of you who completed the survey! And for those of you who didn’t, I’m always looking for feedback on what you’d like help on, so leave me a comment and let me know what would be useful to you. Thanks for giving me the chance to get to know you!
Also, I hope everyone’s gearing up for National Hug a Jicama Day on Thursday, January 30th! (Yep, coined by yours truly. Still waiting on it to go viral!) You can bet I’ll be celebrating here on Veggie Quest with jicama ideas galore. What’s more, I’ll be tweeting jicama recipes all that day under the hashtag #HugAJicama—and retweeting any jicama recipe you tweet under that hashtag. So Twitter fans, dust off your favorite jicama recipe, and get ready to share!
Want to actually enjoy your vegetables? Subscribe to Veggie Quest and never miss a recipe! (WFPB, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Eat-to-Live friendly.)