I have to say, I’m quite proud of myself—in honor of National Salad Month, I’ve had a salad EVERY day in May so far! (Yes, all four of them!) Truly, I feel accomplished—even with Veggie Quest, it’s still hard to eat vegetables as often as I should.
Are you trying to eat more salad too? Here’s a fantastically addictive jicama salad with fresh mint and pineapple to get you started. It’s light and just right for warmer weather. In fact—I almost hate to say it, because the salad is so tasty, and I don’t want anyone getting the notion that it isn’t—this may be the lowest-calorie recipe on Veggie Quest. Not a drop of oil in sight!
Shared on Raw Foods Thursdays, one of the hippest blog hops around!
- 1 medium jicama (a little bigger than a softball), peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- 1½ cups small chunks of fresh pineapple, plus 1 Tbsp pineapple juice if you have it
- scant 2 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup chopped scallions (white and light green parts only)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Toss jicama, pineapple, pineapple juice, and lime juice in a bowl.
- Add scallions and chopped mint and toss to combine. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and serve.