You’re trying to eat more vegetables.
I’m trying to eat more vegetables (especially since I have a 2-pound day coming up).
And frankly, we could all use easy ideas for working more veggies into our day.
Which got me thinking. (I know, scary. 😉 ) Back in the summer, I gave away two awesome Veggetti spiralizers. However, to enter the giveaway, readers had to leave a comment describing their favorite way to eat more vegetables. I thought others might be inspired by the comments—I know I was!—until I realized that people probably just left their comment and surfed away. (Hopefully on a wave of gluten-free, plant-based recipes.)
But you all had such stellar strategies that I couldn’t let them languish! So I picked 30 of my favorites and listed them here, along with a shout-out to each contributor.
So read on for fresh, fun ways to eat more veggies. And if you entered the Veggetti giveaway this past summer, well…you might just find your tip featured in this list! 🙂
How to eat more vegetables: 30 Easy reader tips
- I like to make one pot wonders like pilafs or veggie paella! Then it’s all in one place and I don’t have to cook “another” dish. (Stephanie H. from Peaceful Weight Loss)
- I have baggies in the refrigerator with carrots, cucumber slices, cauliflower and when I need a snack I grab one of these (Robert T.)
- I like to saute veggies and then puree them in sauces to fool the kids (and my Dad!) (Tina W.)
- I love to eat them raw, and dipped in eggplant hummus! (Richard C.)
- Cauliflower crust pizza is awesome & my daughter loves it too! (Joy M.)
- I love sneaking them into my smoothies! I even throw broccoli in there. 🙂 (Ashley)
- I like adding all different kinds of veggies to salads. (Ellen C.)
- I really like raw veggies with hummus. And I also love hitting up the salad bar at my local grocery store. (Tara, A Daily Dose of Fit)
- I make a rice bowl for lunch and add veggies (Amy L.)
- I made spinach crackers and top them with vegan cheese I made. (Rick M.)
- I love using vegetables for stir fries! (Kimberly D.)
- All veggies taste better with some salsa and lots of spices and herbs … cumin basil paprika … even some spicy mustard does the trick on its own. (Arik I.)
- I try to disguise them. If they don’t know there are veggies in it then they can’t complain. (Melissa C.)
- I munch on them while folding/sorting mail (Cassie)
- I juice veggies to get more of them into my diet. (Calli, Living Healthy in Orange County)
- I like to snack on vegetables from the garden. (Jan H.)
- I like to add extra veggies to whatever recipe I have. I also like to add something green in my salad dressings. (Piper)
- [I eat veggies] With a dip… preferably ranch!! (Monica K.)
- I like to make stir fry with a lot of veggies. Also, soups and pastas. (Heather H.)
- When chopped finely I can sneak zucchini into ANYTHING! I also like to make smoothies and pack them with lots of greens. (Jen S.)
- When I’m on the go I drink lots of “Low Sodium V-8” & the “New Carrot-Mango” juice, & Green Juices! (Mary H.)
- I like hiding them in other foods, dipping them in my favorite dips and baking with them. (Lea)
- I sneak the veggies into my stews or even a big salad, there are so many items in my salads they eat the veggies without thinking about it. (Lisa W.)
- I love roasting them. Its easy and delicious! (Kellie M.)
- I like to sneak them into family favorites like mac-n-cheese. (Laura R.)
- I like to create taco salads instead of traditional tacos on taco night. (Judith M.)
- My favorite way to work veges into my day is eat my favorites, I don’t force myself to eat what I don’t like and I use a dip or eat lots of vege soup. (Brenda W.)
- One way to get hidden veggies is when my mom in law made Indian rice pudding (kheer) but used grated cabbage instead of rice!!! No one knew the difference and everyone raved how good it was!!! (Anamika A.)
- I love using spaghetti squash as noodles and I also love using cauliflower to make mashed potatoes. 🙂 (Brynn A., Mommy Digger)
- My favorite way to incorporate veggies into my diet is by baking them into sweets! (Danielle G.)
Tweet this:30 Ridiculously easy ways to eat more #vegetables Click To Tweet
30 deliciously good ideas, right? Especially that last one about baking them into sweets! 🙂
Thanks to everyone who left a comment in the giveaway, and I hope you’ve gotten great ideas for working extra veggies into your day. For even more veggie inspiration, check out The Lazy Way to Eat 2 Pounds of Veggies a Day. And stop by next Tuesday for a spring-inspired, 2-pounds-of-veggies menu!
Shared on Healthy, Happy, Green, & Natural.