Need an energy boost?
This kale smoothie with orange and pear is for you.
Another creation from my Adventure Cleanse days, this smoothie, bursting with fresh kale, tender spinach, sweet pear and juicy orange will make you feel like a million bucks.
I don’t know if it’s the immune-boosting vitamin C (298% of your daily value!), the hefty dose of lutein for laser vision, or the fiber to keep things, ahem, “moving,” but whatever it is, this puppy will make you feel like superwoman! (Or superman; we don’t discriminate here. 😉 )
Did I mention it also has as much protein as an egg and 15% of your iron?
Personally, I think this kale smoothie is even better than a cup of coffee first thing in the morning…and that’s coming from a woman who’s consumed way more than her fair share of java. Plus, it makes a generous amount (about 3 cups), so if you have more willpower than I do, you could (theoretically) have some left over for an afternoon snack.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 navel orange, peeled (click here for a quick trick for peeling an orange)
- 1 pear, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 large handful baby kale
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- 2 tsp ground flax seed (optional)
- 1 c water
- Whiz all ingredients together in a high-speed blender until smooth.